And believe me, a good piece of chicken can make anybody believe in the existence of God. – Sherman Alexie, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian.
Last weekend, in our search for God, we came up with a new way of styling party style chicken drummettes in a somewhat different way, using an altogether different set of spices that we normally use for our chicken curry quickies. Here’s the recipe.
- 8 chicken drummettes
- 1 teaspoonful of each of mustard, fennel, and cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoonful of mustard oil
- 1 teaspoonful of each of turmeric and red chili powder
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Marinate the drummettes with turmeric, red chili, salt, and mustard oil for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet and add mustard, fennel, and cumin seeds, and let them splutter.
- Add the drummettes to the skillet and stir fry until golden.
- Add tomatoes and cover the skillet lightly with a lid and let it cook on low heat for another 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.