For those of you who’re wondering how well all three go together, let me assure you they actually go great ! The sweetness of whiskey blended with the spicy kick from the Schezwan sauce imparts a beautiful flavor to the fishy character of prawn and elevates the seafood to a whole new level. Still not convinced ? Try out this recipe and you’ll know what I’m talking about.
- 1 lb of mid-size to large prawns, shells peeled and de-veined
- 1/4 cup of Schezwan Sauce (SZECHUAN SPICY Stir–fry Sauce)
- 5-6 cloves of fresh garlic grated
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Salt, Sugar and Paprika to taste
- Buchanan’s De Luxe 12 Year Blended Scotch Whisky (for an adult-only recipe): 1/8 of a cup (make sure it’s on the sweeter side)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the grated garlic to it and allow the oil to absorb the garlicky flavors.
- Add the prawns and toss with salt, sugar and paprika until the prawns turn golden.
- Add the tomatoes and sautee.
- Drizzle with Schezwan sauce and stir-fry
- Add the whiskey and keep stir-frying until the shrimp gets cooked.