For those relentlessly looking for healthy eating options, Zucchini comes as a great package: with well known anti-carcinogenic, anti-hypertensive, and anti-inflammatory properties, Zucchini serves as a rich source of Manganese and offers protection against high blood pressure, heart attack and risk of stroke. When it comes to getting cooked, Zucchini turns out to be pretty versatile and can be prepared delectably in a number of ways. Here’s one such recipe for you:
- 4 fresh Zucchinis, finely sliced into semi-circular pieces
- 1 large potato, finely sliced into semi-circular pieces
- 1 teaspoonful of onion seeds
- 3-4 cloves of fresh garlic, finely minced
- 3-4 slit green chilies
- 1 teaspoonful of each of turmeric and red chili powder
- Half a teaspoonful of sugar and salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the onion seeds to the oil and let them splutter.
- Add the garlic and the slit green chilies and let the oil absorb the flavor of garlic.
- Add the potato slices, turmeric, red chili powder, salt and sugar, and stir-fry until the potato turns golden.
- Add the Zucchini slices to the potatoes and stir-fry until the Zucchini gets tender.